Friday, April 15, 2011

chicks





I love these baby chicks~ I took them out to the pen yesterday and I could just feel them being HAPPY. They romped around, jumped, stretched and flapped their wings ~ it looked like they had the best time ~ I sat and watched them for hours.


When I took them back in for the night they were mad chirping and pecking at each other. Today I am letting them play (inside) in an old plastic swimming pool . The chicken coop has just a few more spots where something could get in so... I can't leave them out until we repair, plus I don't think I want to leave them out at night until they are bigger. My cat and dog~ Fiona want to eat them so much~ they circle the coop and lick their chops. I am just gonna baby my chickies until they get a little older.

3 comments:

Maura said...

THEY ARE ADORABLE!

Tara said...

They are the cutest little things! VIOLET cannot wait to see those chickens. Aunt Kayla's has the coolest house ever!

Molly said...

so cute!