Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Violet's fake laugh


I took a picture of Violet giving me her fake laugh. It cracks me up. On the other hand, her lack of sleeping doesn't. We switched Violet to a toddler bed since she started climbing out of her crib. She used to go to sleep so good, but now will not even touch her toddler bed except to jump on it occasionally. The night before last, she rode into our bedroom on her trike at 3 am with her Mr. Potato Head parts. She then proceeded to place them on my face, saying, "Eyes, nose, ear..." I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I do have good news though; she slept through the night last night for the first time in a month. I don't know what changed. I did bribe her last night and told her I would buy her a toy from Target if she did. Maybe that worked?!
On another note, pregnancy is overrated. I am swearing off of it for good. 24 hour nausea is not fun, especially when you're a high school teacher and mother to a 2 year old. Holy Moly! I know it will all be worth it, but I need to complain: This totally stinks! Ok, I am done. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and we will get to listen to the baby's heartbeat for the first time. YAHOO! I am excited.

4 comments:

bridget {bake at 350} said...

Oh, no! That is so funny about her riding into your room!

I remember that 24-hour nausea...it is NOT fun. Hopefully it will go away in a few weeks. Have fun hearing the heartbeat!!! Yay!

Maura said...

can I just say how much I love the image of her riding into your bedroom at 3am on a tricycle, ready to play?!!! :)

Molly said...

Haha! That is funny! I hope sleeping through the night continues!
Hope you feel better soon. Happy heartbeating!:)

Michaela-
Looks like football weekend was fun! Cute pics!~

Michaela said...

Love the FAKE laugh~ you will like being preggers after the 3rd month then it gets fun and cute :) I love being preggers hence me having 3 children :)However i did wait 7 years between each one teehee! Love you and hope she is sleeping good for you XXOO