Tuesday, November 24, 2009

thankful for family time






My Father in Love Al Flynn had a health scare this last Tuesday. He has congestive heart failure and was already in the hospital when he had a heart attack. He was in ICU and on a ventilator and not expected to live. In fact the doctor said it would be a “miracle” if he survived. So at 4:30a I was up trying to get a flight for my sister and brother in law to get out here from California. They quickly packed up 5 children and sent 4 of them to their in laws and got on the flight with just baby Connor, they arrived at 6p I quickly drove them to the Hospital in Durant Ok~ I thought this would be the last time she would see her Dad and there is no feeling like that feeling. I sent the prayer chains out and then that was all we could do was PRAY.PRAY.PRAY. The power of Prayer and a stubborn father in law is amazing. Slowly we would get movement, then a hand squeeze, then he was looking at you and nodding! He could hear us~ wonderful~ then a couple days later.. that stubborn man pulled out the ventilator tube~ he is breathing on his own!!! We were thinking a funeral and this man is pulling out of it! Al’s sister and brother drove out from South Carolina and they were watching over him for days then Aunt Pat (Al’s sister) went into the same hospital with pneumonia and blood pressure problems!! So we have 2 family members in the same hospital just down the hall from one another. What a week! I am so grateful to spend time with my sister Lisa and brother Scott they are some of the best, kind, loving people I have ever met. We had good talks driving everyday to and from the Hospital. I got my baby fix with wonderful mister Connor and my girl time fix with Lisa. We have a lot to be Thankful for this season~ This year THANKSGIVING will just be me and my boys. I am getting a ham for them and a tofurkey for me.

Happy Thanksgiving and keep praying

3 comments:

Tara said...

Great pictures! I am so glad Al is doing better, and I am happy you had a wonderful time with your in-laws :)

Mom said...

That is such great news! I am so glad All is better and you have such great in-laws. What a blessing.

bridget {bake at 350} said...

So glad he is doing better!