Sunday, December 2, 2007

Violet's Stocking














Inspired by Molly's stocking and Maura's felt ornaments, I decided to make my own stocking for Violet. I used the pattern from this website: http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=11054 and added some old vintage Christmas buttons. I tried to embroider Violet's name. It is not great since it was my first attempt, but at least I tried right. Also is a picture of my Christmas tree. I love this time of year so much.

8 comments:

Maura said...

In that second pic, she looks like she is IN the stocking! So sweet! The stocking looks great, and so does your tree. I love this time of year, too.

Shawn said...

You did a beautiful job for a beautiful baby! Love your tree and love the stocking too! I am ready to see pictures from Michaela's decorating!

Michaela said...

AWW SHE IS SO PRETTY! GOOD JOB SIS ON THE STOCKING! I JUST PUT UP AN EXTRA STOCKING THAT WE HAD BEFORE WE HAD LOGAN TEEHEE! I WILL TRY TO GET PICTURES OF MY DECORATING UP TODAY :)

Michaela said...

oh p.s. is that a real tree or what? I never found out what you guys decided?

Tara said...

decided fake would be the way to go with all the animals and babies. no mess :)

Bridget said...

Oh, I love it! I like the way the toe of the stocking is curled up like an elf shoe.

Mom said...

Tara, You did do a beautiful job on the stocking for beautiful little Violet! I am so glad you took after your cousins, and sister, as I am not talented at all! Tell Jullianna I loved the Christmas song she made for Violet too. How wonderful and what a great present and friend.

Janice said...

very pretty stocking! I love that second picture of Violet holding the stocking.