Wednesday, January 13, 2010

a little more loss

well what do I say...I had a miscarriage early 4am the night before last~ it was early on in the pregnancy and I am thankful for that. It all started the other day I had some cramping after church (which I thought was normal) and it got worse then I thought maybe I am having wicked gas pains (our family has notorious stomach problems) so it was gas. I went to bed I tossed and turned all night this gas pain is not going away. I can't sit still~ here comes the scary feeling~ I went to my Doctor for a blood test maybe I was having an ECTOPIC pregnancy (the Internet can be so helpful and dangerous) so we took blood they told me it would be 24 hours and to call back rest and call in the morning, it may just be a bladder infection. OOOOOH yes it is a bladder infection a REALLY REALLY bad bladder infection so I went home and drank tons of cranberry juice and water trying to get these gas pains to go away~ telling myself everything is fine I am not bleeding i just have a bladder infection or gas....it getting worse as I lay on the couch I can hardly sit up, it hurts, I am getting a fever and chills so it is a bladder infection I continued to rest but that thought was in the back of my mind always. I have never had a miscarriage before and so I was so sure this was something wrong with my body. In the evening I started spotting~ it's ok it's ok just a little implant bleeding~ keep resting~ well at 4am it hit hard and if it makes sense I felt it leave my body~ I knew in a instant I was no longer pregnant. Bleeding continued and lots of it~ I knew. I called the doctor the next morning to get my test results. I was pregnant but the numbers were going down~ they told me to REST let my body do what it does.
So I am sad but I know this situation is in God's hands~Is this tooo taboo to talk about? I know so many people out there have gone through similar losses and have kept quiet. I am sorry for all that loss it is sad~but I know God is in control. We will try again later~ and we go on trying to see the glory in everyday. Thank you for reading this~

8 comments:

Mary said...

I am so sorry for your loss but I think you have amazing courage to talk about it.

Erica said...

so sorry Michaela. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Tara said...

I love you, sis.

Mom said...

It is brave and healthy of you to talk about it! We love you. Hope you are feeling better soon baby.

Maura said...

Michaela I'm thinking of you. I'm sorry this happened to you. Take care of yourself and get some rest.

bridget {bake at 350} said...

Michaela...Maura's right...give yourself some rest. You've got some company right here in the family if that brings you any comfort. I'll be thinking of you. ♥

Molly said...

So sorry Michaela.

Janice said...

I'm really sorry, Michaela. Take care of yourself.