Friday, May 7, 2010

for my Momma on Mother's day weekend


I have been thinking everyday about my Mom recently and I just wanted to say some things. Mom, I know that this Mother's day is going to be a hard one for you as it was the last time you saw sweet Brie ~ but I am truly blessed to have you as my Momma~ I take great joy in watching you be a "Nanny" Momma to your daughter's daughter. Lyla doesn't realize it now but you are the best thing for her and her for you. I love that we can share toddler woes together on the phone. Even though we have had the hardest of years I see the blessings all around. I love you Mom and I can't wait to show off our new place to you next week. I will cook for you, drink wine with you, we can laugh and cry all weekend. You are a GREAT Mom and I am truly a blessed daughter~ thank you for everything~

3 comments:

Tara said...

the most perfect post ever! i love it and love both you and mom! I couldn't have two better role models in my life! Happy early Mother's day to you both!

bridget {bake at 350} said...

So sweet! Happy Mother's Day to all 3 of you!

Mom said...

Happy Mothers Day! You too are such a wonderful and inspiring Mom and I am so very proud of you. If it wasn't for you and Tara, I don't know what I would do. And little Lyla is such a blessing as all my wonderful grandchildren are! We are truly blessed. I love you and can't wait to spend time in your new house! Thank you for making my day! Kisses and Hugs!