Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Tornado on Hometown Road

I took this pic of the boys and their new haircuts and then (about 20 min after I took this) we were in our storm shelter. We didn't realize at the time but our street was hit very bad by this tornado.


We had not only ourselves, the dogs but Max's beloved snapping turtle Bowser~Snap all in the storm shelter waiting for my storm tracker Mom in Tulsa to give us the ALL CLEAR~ Gregg and Max peaked out at one point and saw the Tornado swirling over our house~ it was very humbling experience and Hope it doesn't happen again anytime soon.


There was a house here~ several houses on either side are just GONE~ My camera is acting up I took several pictures today but this was the only one that stayed in the memory~ I am in awe of how people in Texoma come together the clean up crews have almost all the debris picked up. SOOOOOO thankful we have a storm shelter ;)

3 comments:

Tara said...

Wow! I am so glad you guys are ok and your house was untouched by that tornado.

Molly said...

Whoa. I am glad that y'all are safe! Did your new house have any damage?

Michaela said...

Molly,
Our house had NO damage~ not even a branch in the yard. Tornadoes are so weird and random~ We are very happy we can continue living in our new house ;)