Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Teaching and Violet






















wow. it's been a long time. teaching is great. I just started a new unit on individuality using the help of Dead Poets Society to help teach poems by Whitman, Frost, and Dickinson. I am also using The Cure song "Jumping Someone Else's Train" to teach Gwendolyn Brooks poem "We Real Cool." And then I am going to have my students read "The Yellow Wallpaper." It should be a fun unit. The last few weeks we have been hard. I had a student pass away in a car accident. It was incredibly sad and really shook my world. But the students are doing better and so am I. On the up side of things I have a student on American Idol. So root for Alaina.

Violet is GREAT. She is starting to creep, throw temper tantrums, cries ma ma ma when she is upset, and says da da da da when she is happy (seriously.. what is that all about!! ha ha). She can sit up by herself, and she is in the process of getting her third tooth! She cracks me up all the time. She loves making me laugh. Enjoy the pictures. I hope everyone is well. I miss the blog world... but interning, school stuff, and a very curious 7 month old is keeping me so busy.


6 comments:

Maura said...

Yay! I love the pics! Violet is so pretty! And I'm glad teaching is going well - I can't wait to hear more about the texts and poems you choose. I can't believe you have a student on American Idol! I will be watching!!! :)

Mom said...

Ohhh..she is so cute, and such a ham! Love that baby girl, she just makes you happy. I know you are a busy gal, and Alaina Whitaker on American Idol did great!

Shawn said...

What a face! She is so cute I could just eat her up! Sounds like you are so busy, but making the class super fun for your students. With everything going on, I forgive you for not posting more pictures. We all need our "Violet fix." A new "Logan fix" would be great also, Michaela!

Bridget said...

Tara...so glad you posted! I love the update and pics of Violet!

I can't place Alaina. I need to go on the website to see which one she is. That's neat!

Michaela said...

OMG I MISS HER SOOOO MUCH! SHE IS GETTING TO BE SUCH A BIG GIRL!! I MISS YOU TOO SIS :( I HATE NOT BEING ABLE TO TALK TO YOU EVERYDAY! THANK YOU FOR FINALLY POSTING SOME PICTURES!XXXOOOXXOXOXOXXXXXX

Molly said...

Love that smile! Adorable!