Saturday, May 31, 2008

bubbles and clapping


Violet loves bubbles. We had so much fun playing with them the other day.
Our new tether ball. This thing is the best ever. It took me back to the days on the elementary school playground.  Eric kicks my butt, so I don't like to play with him.


View of my lovely trees in my backyard looking up from the blanket.

New jellies and blanket. 







Violet learned how to clap on mother's day.  She does it all the time now.

We are definitely enjoying our summer. On Wednesday, we went to Brookside library for story time, and played with some new friends, sang songs, and read books.  Eric and I took Violet to Philbrook Museum on Thursday to see the new Italian landscapes exhibit which was very cool. Violet enjoyed hearing her voice echo in the silent rooms of the museum- I am sure everyone else did too. teehee. We are planning to go to the zoo soon and go swimming. I cannot wait to introduce Violet to the pool. I am still job hunting and have had 5 interviews so far. Two have fallen through due to me not having enough "experience," but I am confident that something wonderful will turn up. The waiting and interviewing parts are not that much fun, so I hope I find a job soon. I am just enjoying my time with Violet and slowing down.  I have spent the last three or four years going, going, going- Working full time and going to school full time, so now I actually get to relax. Thanks to everyone for the wonderful graduation cards. I appreciate all your well wishes.  I did not walk for graduation, but I did find out that I graduated Magna Cum Laude and received the Academic Achievement Award for English Education - an honor they only give one to two students a year. I will be sure to post pictures of all our summer adventures. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.



3 comments:

Maura said...

yay for summer! it looks like you guys are having a great time. and congratulations on the awards at graduation! i am jealous of the tether ball. :)

Michaela said...

AWW LOVE THOSE PICS OF VI. SHE IS SO PRETTY. I HOPE WHEN YOU SAY ZOO YOU MEAN OKC ZOO! BTW NEXT TIME I AM IN TULSA I WOULD LIKE TO SCHOOL YOU IN TETHER BALL TOO! HAHA really I haven't played that since like 5th grade! GREGG AND I ARE SO JEALOUS! I THINK IT IS SO AWESOME YOU STILL WEAR JELLIES, I DIDN'T KNOW THEY MADE THEM ANYMORE! GIVE VI KISSES FROM ME AND TELL HER TO CALL ME :)

Bridget said...

Good for you, Tara!!! That is great! As always, love the pictures of sweet Violet! :)