Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mommies out there! I was awakened this morning at 3 am by a screaming toddler with a fever. I can't tell if Logan is just teething or if it is an illness of some kind. He did just get his shots the other day( I just worry about everything at 3 am). As I stumbled into the kitchen for Tylenol and a thermometer I realized it was Mother's Day. I thought of my Mom and the many nights she was awakened by me crying and how many sicknesses she had to heal. Still to this day when I am sick I WANT MY MOMMY! I even wanted my Mommy when I hurt my ankle :)

I am very lucky to be a Mom to my 3 beautiful sons. My road in Motherhood has not been the easiest but at this point in our journey we are in a great place. My boys made me breakfast and I got a special coupon book from Max good for Hugs, dinners, cookies and all kinds of wonderful things! Zachary bought me a movie and Logan just gives good hugs even when he isn't feeling well. I will be having a Mimosa here in a little bit after I finish my coffee. Happy 1st Mother's Day to my sisters Tara and Brie, I hope you enjoy Motherhood as much as I do it is my favorite job in the world! Happy Mother's Day to my Mom and Lyn I hope you have a wonderful day today.

10 comments:

Maura said...

Michaela this is a sweet post. Happy Mother's Day!!!!!

Enjoy your mimosa! Those gifts sound great. And if it makes you feel any better, I worry about everything at 3am too. That made me laugh.

Janice said...

Happy Mother's Day, Michaela. Very nice post and sweet pictures.

Bridget said...

What a sweet post, Michaela!

I worry about everything at 3am, too. It must be a first-born thing?

Happy Mother's Day!

Shawn said...

Hope your ankle is healing! Is Logan feeling better?

Michaela said...

Aunt Shawn
My ankle is better swelling is going down! Logan is still very sick and I think he is just teething but I worry about those vaccinations and Autism!! I can't see your blog anymore are you still blogging???

Mom said...

Happy Mother's Day to My Wonderful Daughters too! That was the sweetest blog ever and made my day. Wish we could have spent it together, having mimosas! I love you girls so much and my grandchildren. What would I do without you all!

Shawn said...

We are taking a break from blogland after we got a "creepy" comment from someone we didn't know. We couldn't find out who it was, but he/she wanted us to know that they were reading it and it was one of their favorites and they would continue to "watch" what we were doing. Emily closed it to uninvited emails...I will add you on when we decide it is safe again!

Shawn said...

...and don't worry about the vaccinations. He needs them to go to school eventually. It is a problem Dr. Emily addresses everyday and she still recommends them!

Tara said...

Happy Mother's day too. Mine was spent with a cold. Eric painted me a beautiful painting - I will post soon. He also got me a croquet set and a tether ball set! I am so excited. I interview at Monte Cassino Wednesday. Wish me luck :)

Michaela said...

Oh yes I will keep getting him vaccinated I just hear horror stories--then I worry! I would worry more if I didn't get him vaccinated! Well sorry you had a creepy person :(I wonder if we all are being watched by creepy people?!?!