Friday, October 17, 2008

DRIVING MRS. FLYNN





OK WELL WE ARE ALIVE!! TODAY I TOOK ZACH OUT DRIVING FOR THE FIRST TIME AND I MUST SAY HE DID VERY WELL. HE ALMOST HIT A COUPLE CURBS BUT WE DROVE FOR QUITE A WHILE AND HE GOT BETTER AND BETTER. I NEVER LET GO OF THAT HANDLE THING BUT I AM SO PROUD ;) HE EVEN DROVE ON A COUPLE OF MAIN ROADS AND THEN HE DROVE (WITH ME) TO HIS FRIENDS HOUSE. HE STARTS THE DRIVING PORTION OF DRIVER'S ED NEXT WEEK!!!! I AM FREAKING AND HE WILL HAVE HIS PERMIT THIS JANUARY ARRGH!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE HE IS SO MATURE AND TURNING INTO SUCH A WONDERFUL YOUNG MAN. KEEP HIM (AND HIS MOMMY) IN YOUR PRAYERS. WE HAVE OUR ST. CHRISTOPHER THAT NANA GAVE ME WHEN I TURNED 16 THAT WILL BE PROTECTING US!!

6 comments:

Bridget said...

LOVE your post labels!!! Wow...do they ever grow up fast!

Mom said...

Gosh Zach, you are so grownup! I bet your will be a wonderful driver. I remember when I hung on, when your mother starting driving!

Shawn said...

He should move to Indiana where you get your driving permit at 15. It gives them a year to practice before the real license comes! They can take drivers ed at 14 here! I think it is a throwback to when all the kids needed to drive on the farm at a young age. Not too much of a throwback, because when Annie was in high school they still had "Drive your Tractor to School Day"

Michaela said...

AUNT SHAWN- THAT IS SOOO FUNNY ABOUT BRING YOUR TRACTOR TO SCHOOL DAY!! HE WILL HAVE HIS PERMIT BUT THEY HAVE TO BE 15 1/2 WHICH IS TOO SOON FOR ME BUT I AM GLAD WE LIVE IN THIS SMALL TOWN INSTEAD OF TRYING TO DRIVE IN PHOENIX THAT WOULD BE CRAZY :)

Tara said...

Go Zach! I am so proud of you. Be careful.

Molly said...

Don't worry Zach, I hit a couple of curbs today too!