Monday, August 3, 2009

Happy 30th Birthday Tara!


I have been up since 4am- pondering things -like my little sisters Birthday is today. So I look through old photos this morning some make me laugh out loud and some make me so very sad. These memories take me back-
I remember the day you were born- Dad and Uncle John tried to sneak me and Molly in to see you and Mom. I am sure they had some cocktails and hid us under their T-shirts , we stood on their toes. We got caught! I can't remember if I saw you that day or not but I do however, remember that Jay had bought you this huge stuffed dog (brown and white) and I was instantly jealous that you were getting all this new cool stuff and I was getting NOTHING!

When we brought you home - I was so excited, you had the prettiest face and this glow of red hair. I couldn't wait for you to start walking and playing dolls with me. I remember thinking "I wonder how long it will take for her to be able to swing with me?"- Too long in my book!
My hope Tara is that you get everything you want and more this year! YOU ARE 30 and it is wonderful!
It is bitter sweet this year for you I am sure- So many things about this season of life I want to be over, it has been a long hard summer for both of us. Through these hard things that we have been faced with- I do feel blessed to see the silver lining. Have a wonderful day today Tara and enjoy the ride :)

5 comments:

bridget {bake at 350} said...

Happy birthday, Tara! I remember that trip to Tulsa when you were born! It was so exciting! :)

Maura said...

That's really sweet. Happy Birthday, Tara!

Tara said...

Thanks, Michaela.... I am crying. This was the best post. I love you so much. And thanks to all for the birthday wishes!

Mary said...

You are an awsome sister Michaela! Happy Birthday Tara welcome to the 30's!

Mom said...

Happy 30th Birthday Tara. That was a great post Michaela. What an awesome day it was, with Nana McKee timing my contractions!