Saturday, August 15, 2009

Lyla Bear's Birthday



Your Momma would be so proud of you sweet baby girl. Happy 2nd Birthday Lyla!!!!- I am sure today she would have been baking cupcakes and getting a huge party ready for you. She LOVED you so much and it hurts to know that you will not know your beautiful Momma. This is the last picture you took with her on Mother's day. She was always bragging about your growth and development ever since the day you were born. She loved you more than anything in the world -I know this because she told me when you all came to visit us in March.

I will do my best to show you the love that your Mom would have given you. I am thankful you are with your Neena who loves you so much-you may not know this but you are such a huge blessing to your Neena. We don't know what we would be doing without you sweet girl. I know that she and Aunt Tara will give you the best Birthday party this year. I so wish we could make it to see you on this special day. I write this post in hopes one day you will look through this blog and see how much your Momma loved you and how much we miss her.

As I fight tears to write this I remember the last thing she said to me ..."No one LOVES me like you do Michaela" and I said to her "I know"- I wish I would have said more to her that day, I wish I would have talked to her on Mother's day to give her encouragement for the future, but I am so thankful that is the last thing she said to me.

I miss her everyday and it hurts me to know she will not be there with you today but she is watching over you always sweet one. Happy Birthday to my Lyla Bear ~~ we love and miss you.

4 comments:

Tara said...

beautiful beautiful, Michaela. Lyla will cherish this letter and is lucky to have such loving family in her life. I love you. Thank you for this post.

Happy birthday, Lyla Bear. I know your mama is with you now, loving you, protecting you, and wanting you to have the best birthday ever. It's days like this when your mother's presence is really missed, but know that you have so many people around you that love you and want the best for you.

I cannot wait for your DANCE party (yipee!) this evening. Violet cannot wait to be with you and cause some trouble!! teehee.

Mom said...

Oh Michaela, that is such a beautiful post and made all the emotions I have for today come out.

The photo was the last time I saw Brianna and Lyla saw her mommy too. The saddest of missing my sweet Brianna on this very day that Lyla is turning 2. Brianna and I had so much fun last year making the cupcakes, and sitting on the floor with Lyla and just letting her dig in getting it all over her face and Lyla making a cute little "O" face. It was a new face, and it just cracked Brie and I up. Then her getting the "Bus Ball Pit" and Brie jumping in there with her and teaching her sign language as Lyla was saying "ball". We went and had pizza at Mazzios and then celebrated with Violet into the evening both jumping into the "ball pit". What a great day we had last year celebrating Lyla's first birthday.
I also fight the tears reading your post even though I know Brie is Lyla's Guardian Angel and will always be a very proud momma of this precious little girl. Lyla is such a blessing and we love you so much. Brie, I will always miss you and all our fun times we had with Lyla. Happy 2nd Birthday Lyla Jewel. You are so loved, and we loved your beautiful mommy and will always miss her so much.

Maura said...

happy birthday to Lyla! This was such a nice post - sending hugs to all of you!

bridget {bake at 350} said...

Happy birthday, Lyla! It sounds like she has 3 moms watching over her here and one up above. ♥