Thursday, May 7, 2009

rainy day cooking

These were SO good I used a Red Quinoa and Black Bean Salsa on top of baked tortilla chips with just a little sprinkle of cheese. I have been baking my own chips lately and they are wonderful for nachos! Thanks Steph for the recipe :)
RED QUINOA & BLACK BEAN SALSA
1/2 c cooked Quinoa
4 tsp fresh lime juice
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 ground coriander
1 TBSP Cilantro (I usually add more)
2 TBSP red onion or green scallions (whatever you have on hand)
1 medium diced tomato
1/2 c red bell pepper diced
2 tsp minced green chilies
salt and pepper to taste

This is a recipe Gregg and I made up so it changes every time we make it :)
use 10-20 jalapenos cut them in half and take the seeds out or you could leave some in for some heat :)
1 pkg low fat or fat free cream cheese (room temperature)
3-4 TBSP favorite salsa
1/4 cup finely grated cheese we have used cheddar and colby jack
mix all together until creamy then stuff peppers bake in the oven 375 and bake for15 min or until tops are browned. I can usually SMELL when things are done :)


I made these Key Lime Bars and gave them to our new neighbors and some old neighbors yesterday. I am glad I gave them away or I would have eaten too many :)

3 comments:

Molly said...

Yum! That all looks soooo good!

Erica said...

Yummy!!!

Tara said...

Thanks for all the recipes! It all looks delicious.