Monday, February 9, 2009

I feel amazing ;)

Tonight we are having "Eggplant and Tomatoes with Pasta"! My crock pot cookbook has a huge vegetarian section woohoo so this is what we will be having tonight.
Here is today's recipe
3/4 c yellow onion chopped
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 C SLICED MUSHROOMS
3/4 pound eggplant cubed
2 tsp fresh basil chopped
1 (16oz) can Italian plumb tomatoes with juice (I USED FIRE ROASTED)
2 tbs olive oil
2tbs balsamic vinegar
1/2 veg. broth or chicken broth
1 tbs tomato paste
12 tsp oregano
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp salt
12 ounces whole wheat pasta shells
saute the onions and garlic in olive oil for 3-5 minutes- drain and place in slow cooker. Put all other ingredients (except pasta) into the slow cooker. Cook uncovered for 3-4 hours until sauce is thickened. reduce temp to low. boil pasta with salt for 10 minutes. drain and stir pasta slowly into cooker. cook on low setting for 30-60 minutes until pats is soft.
PICTURE TAKEN THIS MORNING!
Zachary really is the only one complaining because he loves meat!! He is very sad there will be no more "Pat McKee" ribs. Really I have found this transition very easy and I encourage all of you to eat meat free every once in a while. I really can't tell you how much better I feel- I have no signs of gallbladder pains what so ever for the past 4 days! I am so excited and I wake up feeling great every morning!!

No comments: