Saturday, February 28, 2009

Today is the day


that I use my waffle maker. My Mom would always put 1/2 pancake mix and 1/2 whole wheat flour in our pancakes on Saturday mornings. I am sort of doing the same thing but I am using Spelt and flax seed meal.

Oops it took a couple tries to get the batter not to overflow. I love Spelt Flour it has a wonderful nutty flavor. I made some waffles with the berries and chocolate chips. Then I made some with not so much Spelt and Flax seed and just chocolate chips (the boys loved these). After that I made some with just the berries- these were my favorite b/c they came out purple, my favorite color.


Zach is still sleeping so..... his stack is waiting in the kitchen. I am going to freeze the rest for the coming week. They are the perfect size to fit in the toaster.

3 comments:

Molly said...

These look delicious. I might have to make some waffles this weekend! Love the pics of the boys!

Bridget said...

Great pics of the boys! I vote for the chocolate chip waffles, too! :)

Maura said...

these look delicious.